In Partnership with Psychedelic Support
Ethics 101 | Ethics 102 | Ethics 103
Learn the fundamental concepts and tools of the InnerEthics® model with this self-paced three-course series.
This video course provides instruction about the structure (the roles and functions) that supports vulnerability focused on compassion and learning instead of judgment so group members can become more conscious and skillful. You will observe five therapists use role play to demonstrate how these easy-to-learn roles and functions can support insight and consciousness development.
Therapists and practitioners use the structure of an InnerEthics® Peer Consultation Group to create a safe-enough container where they can serve one another by taking turns in the roles of a consultation. They learn how to help one another maintain ethical alertness leading to greater benefit for their clients.
The value of this structure is that members can feel safe enough with their like-minded, compassionate peers to pull back the curtain, bit by bit, from their Shadows and discover their unconscious motivations, biases, and patterns. With more consciousness and clarity, members can make better choices in the role of a “Responsible Party.”
Options: Certificate of Completion or CE Certificate (2 hours).
Price: $39 (Completion) / $54 (CE credit)
NOTE: Ethics 101 & 102 are recommended as prerequisite to this course.
While Ethics 103 can stand alone, if members of your Peer Consultation Group have taken Ethics 101 and Ethics 102, you all were introduced to InnerEthics® Ethical Awareness Tools for finding Right Relationship with Clients. You will be able to utilize these tools effectively in your Peer Consultation Group. Using the same terms and speaking the same “therapeutic ethical shorthand” saves time and allows members to be much more helpful to each other.
Receive 20% off when you buy ETHICS 101, ETHICS 102, and ETHICS 103 at Psychedelic Support Education.
Learn more and Enroll at Psychedelic Support
Connection and Practice
This course will help you connect with peers interested in convening a group. We’ll provide you with a way to find others who have completed the ETHICS series.
You also have the opportunity to join Kylea Taylor and Ethics 103 students online on April 21, 2023, at 12:00 – 1:30 pm (Pacific Time) to practice role-play scenarios in small peer groups (optional).
Who is this course for?
- Professionals with an interest in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy or in assisting clients with the integration of profound experiences. This ethical approach is helpful to anyone working therapeutically.
- This course focuses on how practitioners can support each other in compassionate self-reflection about therapeutic relationships. These elements require self-awareness, ethical awareness, and trigger management by those working with patients or clients in the field of psychedelics: psychologists, therapists, mentors, physicians, medical professionals, bodyworkers, teachers, and other practitioners.
- Structure of an InnerEthics® Peer Consultation Group
- Description of reciprocal group roles and functions that support professional vulnerability and consciousness development that increases the possibility of client safety
- Research and rationale for the effectiveness of structured Peer Consultation Group roles and functions
- Demonstration of a Peer Consultation Group with Role Play
- Demonstration of trust building, skill-building, and ethical learning
- Demonstration of how functioning in the roles provides for learning and skill-building of therapeutic skills
After this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the rationale for a simple structure with group agreements, clearly defined roles, clearly defined role functions, and reciprocity in performing the group roles.
- Explain the rationale of providing a safe container for peers to discuss vulnerable self-inquiry in a Peer Consultation Group.
- Identify at least two of the benefits available to Peer Consultation Group members who follow the structure outlined for such a group.
Learn more and Enroll at Psychedelic Support
I personally enjoyed the lectures with Kylea tremendously. In addition to the valuable tools that were included, what I found very valuable is looking at ethics from the point of view of relationship rather than law and examining how my internal motivations & values align with action through the ethical lens. ~ Lama Elkhaldi
I have found how important this topic is for me and its importance for my work. Before this, I may not have emphasized ethics at first, assuming that I already have the wisdom and integrity necessary. … The relationship is part of the healing process. It is much more important than I could imagine. I will continue to explore this book and the tools with my classmates in hopes of avoiding some common pitfalls and exploring when I am in and out of the right relationship with myself and others in both my personal and professional life. ~ Jorge Arias