In Partnership with Psychedelic Support
Online Course Description
Ethics goes beyond laws and guidelines. Ethical development requires acknowledgement of relationship. Relationship is at the heart of healing, and it is ethics that is at the heart of any healing relationship. An ethical relationship is one a client can trust.
In psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy clients are surrendering to an as yet unknown transformation. It is crucial that patients are able to trust the person who sits with them during their exploration. They need to know the person they will rely on is willing to do their very best to attune to the extra-ordinary experience with them and to provide reassurance as needed in that world, yet, at the same time, maintain a safe physical, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual container for the explorer.
This course provides a self-reflective and self-compassionate approach to Right Relationship; an internal approach which puts our focus on motivations, those deep, not always conscious urges that precede our behaviors with clients. The self-inquiry of Right Relationship complements and amplifies the external, behavioral approach of traditional ethics education (the laws, codes, and standards that guide us behaviorally.)
Options: Certificate of Completion or CE Certificate (2 hours).
Price: $39 (Completion) / $54 (CE credit)
Who is this course for?
This course is for professionals who are interested in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy or in assisting clients with the integration of profound experiences. This ethical approach is helpful to anyone working in therapy, and this particular course is focused on self-management and trigger management for those working with patients or clients in the field of psychedelics: psychologists, therapists, mentors, physicians, medical professionals, bodyworkers, teachers, and guides.
- Client’s ethical needs in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy.
- Common gaps in traditional Western ethical education models.
- Mindful, internal approach to ethics serves clients in psychedelic-assisted therapy.
- Ethical differences in therapy with clients who are in a non-ordinary state of consciousness and clients who are in an ordinary state of consciousness.
- Mindfulness for working ethically with vulnerable clients.
- Chart of Professional Vulnerabilities to Ethical Misconduct to identify one’s own motivations.
- Why self-compassion is a prerequisite for self-reflection.
After this course, you will be able to:.
- Describe the ethical differences and special safety needs of clients in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy.
- Apply mindfulness to ethical decision making to dilemmas that may occur during psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy.
- Analyze ethically precarious situations that may occur in professional/client interpersonal dynamics during psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy.
Very engaging and informative training. Kylea’s expertise in the worlds of Holotropic Breathwork® and psychedelics is evident in how the similarities and differences of these modalities are woven into this training. These are two worlds in which I walk, and I am thankful for an expanded model of ethics that includes the traditional approach without condemning it. This training has made me eager to hear more about the Ethics of Caring.
– Christopher W. (Course feedback posted at psychedelic.support.com)
A whole new understanding of ethics is now embedded in me. I use it every day, in all my relationships.
– Marie-Louise Peterslund Triksys, Psychologist, DENMARK
The Ethics of Caring is an extraordinarily helpful and groundbreaking book for healers, clergy, therapists, and bodyworkers that illuminates what is necessary to offer wise and trustworthy relations to their clients.
– Jack Kornfield, Ph.D., Author of A Wise Heart, After the Ecstasy, the Laundry, and A Path with Heart
Kylea Taylor’s book is a pioneering venture into new territories, providing important guidelines for practitioners and students.
– Stanislav Grof, M.D., Author of Psychology of the Future, Realms of the Human Unconscious, and The Adventure of Self Discovery